By Sian Wilkinson, An 18 Year Old Fashion PR Intern.

Friday 30 May 2014

Oliver Heldens X Becky Hill-Overdrive

I'm not completely sure how to describe my music taste because it's always been such a mishmash of genres, from rap to pop my Ipod has so many playlists I doubt I'll ever be able to listen to them all. You know how easy it is to get carried away with those things right?! Anyway this song is one of many that I hear once and then never again (Or at least not for a few months!) and then the search is on as I try to remember some of the lyrics, this search has been going on for a good few weeks! However I manged to remember the word "Overdrive" Yep just the one! I then took to google and was over the moon when I found the song that had been on my mind for all those weeks! This song is by Oliver Heldens X Becky Hill, now you might remember Becky Hill from the acapella version of free from Rudimental, and I'm sure she's also the voice behind afterglow-Wilkinson. I first heard of her at reading festival when i saw the highlights on tv, so I think I've got it she featured with Rudimental but as far as I know she's not in the band? (Wait are they even a band?!) I think I've confused myself so i'll get off of this subject and onto the amazing song. It's the kind of beat that you'd be thrilled to hear at a party or even just on the way to work/college/school (I didn't want to exclude anyone!) on a Friday morning, as it's so upbeat and fun It's practically impossible to resist the urge to smile and sing along. Yes btw I do both of these and recieve strange looks every morning now! It's so refreshing to hear a nice fun song which is pretty hard to come across lately, and whilst I am partial to some what my dad would call "awful" rap music sometimes I get a bit fed of hearing about "Hoes" and "Turning up" that sometimes I'm just in the mood for some fun music. I'm sure that this will be a massive hit and if it's not I will have a bone to pick with the world.

Check out Overdrive here!

No comments:

Post a Comment