By Sian Wilkinson, An 18 Year Old Fashion PR Intern.

Friday 25 April 2014

Polyvore Fun!

Okay so I'm late again (What's the suprise eh?) Since discovering Lookbook I've been so motivated to discover exclusive websites that are populated by bloggers, this is when I discovered Polyvore. Originally I thought it was similar to Ebay but I could not have been more wrong, It's a tough website to describe but I would say it's in place to allow users to create their dream outfits which will then be posted on their page which their fans can comment on, share and like.They also have a free app that means we can design on the go ensuring we'll never be bored again! Really It's just a fun and easy way to keep your mind busy, and share your style with fashion lovers everywhere. I'm going to give a basic step by step guide so that all of you are inspired to visit the website and get designing.

So first of all you have to register so that your looks can be saved to your unique page, Let  me just stress this app is free! On the app as well as the website is a create button, this will allow you to get started and it's the first step people!

The next thing is to start choosing what you want in your outfit, now try not to get overwhelmed because there is so much to choose from! I started with the bottom which were Missguide black jeans because it made it easier for me to picture an outfit that I would wear in my head.              
 Whether you already have a piece of clothing in mind or not it is really easy to come across some beautiful clothes. There is a list of just about every brand you can think of, and you can also filter the results so that you get the perfect colour fit style etc that you're looking for.  
                                                           
 Browsing through the vast amount of products and brands on offer will probably take you some time (I know it did for me) But once you do find the perfect piece simply click the add button and it will then appear on your collage. However the images may be of an outfit already chosen by the brand itself like below for example, this is when the cutout button comes in handy. Double click on the image once you've clicked on the cutout button and it's turned blue. You should then be presented with multiple images of the main image being cropped. You can then click on the cropped image you want to use.


And that's just about it, happy designing!

The best thing about the website is that they have every fashion brand you can think of, making it easy for people like me to find pieces that they like And providing me with a whole load of new items to add to my wishlist (As if it wasn't already long enough!) So when I discovered it I just had to let you all know, here's my first few attempts(yes I'm already addicted):                        

No comments:

Post a Comment