By Sian Wilkinson, An 18 Year Old Fashion PR Intern.

Saturday 24 May 2014

University of Westminster Fashion 2014

I don't even know where to begin because I'm still pretty start struck on the whole situation. So on Thursday I had the amazing chance to intern at the University of Westminster fashion show, I'm sure the fashion gods were shaking their heads at me because I had no idea that there was even a fashion show held there. However I did try my best to look as if I knew what was going on, oh and did I mention that the university is ridiculously big(as if I wasn't nervous enough!)
There was around 20 of us and we were responsible for showing the guests to their seats, I never knew how complicated it was! I mean orange tickets, black tickets WHAT?! Unfortunately we were told to leave our phones backstage so I wasn't able to get any pictures of the amazing show, however I did snap a really low quality backstage picture so don't say I don't give you anything! There were both female and male models (WOW!!) however in this particular show there was a large amount of ginger haired Models (I'm guessing the designers have a fetish?)
After all of the guests were seated we got to watch the show, and it's safe to say I was like a kid in a sweet shop for the duration. As you can probably expect fashion shows consist of some of the more outrageous ideas of fashion. I'm talking high waisted jeans for guys, dedazzled denim jacketsm scissor and hand hats and even bags that looked like pillows(they probably were actually) I'd say I probably stood out like a sore thumb because when I looked around the room everyone looked so uninterested! And there's me sitting there smiling like an idiot and drooling over the stunning models.
The dress code was all black so I felt pretty at home, although i made the ridiculous decision of wearing my prettiest but most uncomfortable heels. So standing up started to become a problem and my legs were shaking, my ankles were giving way you name it! And what happens when I decide to change into my plimsoles after the show? Of course a model comes out after me, I mean out the door behind me not literally after me although if one made the decision to confess their undying love for me I wouldn't have minded!  I'd like to say I played it cool but even I know I was actually like a 10 year old at a Justin Bieber concert, but I will learn I promise?(eventually)
The Internship is for the Westminster show and the London Men's Collection shows which consist from 15-17 June. Which I am over the moon to be attending! And just to clarify guys aside from this blog I have never done anything involving fashion, so whilst it takes a while to find something you will get a chance. So start today! I found a great amount of advertisements through the website www.fashionworkie.co.uk so if you're a model or someone looking for a job in the fashion industry I recommend that you check it out! Happy Saturday.x

No comments:

Post a Comment